The Search for Dark Matter has been Now Redefined

The Search for Dark Matter has been Now Redefined

A recent study that took place at Lund University in Sweden, alongside some other studies, has presented effective means to probe Dark Matter which accounts for 85% of the universe.

A number of recent studies have aided in the better discernment of large volumes of data present at CERN (European Organization for Nuclear Research) which are related to Dark Matter. At the research facility located in CERN, an array of experimental tests are being carried where the protons are made to collide in the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) accelerator approaching the speed of light. The effects of this collision are being analyzed and scrutinized but this culminates to the rapid increase of data volume with the increase of accelerator’s capacity leading to mismanagement of the produced data. Therefore, the researchers are looking for ways to only forage Dark Matter but with results that will prove fruitful in the long run. Caterina Doglioni, a Particle Physicist at Lund College who is also a member of the ATLAS experiment at CERN, clarified the situation by saying,

“If we are not careful, we could end up discarding data that contains clues to completely new particles of which we are not yet aware, such as particles that form dark matter.”

Doglioni is also a part of the team of researchers who are preparing the report that highlights the ways of assisting in the productive evaluation of the huge CERN data volumes. The technique employed in this perspective is to analyze the results in a small time after the experimentation has taken place rather than recording the data and re-evaluate it at a later date. This helps in truncating the unnecessary information and retaining of a small fraction of information that is required.

This method, that has been utilized by other LHC tests too, enables analysts to record and store numerous more occasions that could contain hints of new particles. The expectation is to discover indications of up to this point obscure particles that could be transporters of powers. This could make an association among obvious and dull issue, as indicated by Doglioni. She said,

“These new particles, which we call “mediator particles” can disintegrate into extremely short-lived pairs of quarks, i.e. the very building blocks of the protons and neutrons in atoms. When quarks disintegrate, a type of particle shower is formed that we can actually detect with our instruments.”

The examination network has been scanning for answers about the tricky dull issue that makes up a huge piece of our universe for quite some time now but there is a lot more to explore. According to an estimate, only 5% of the matter in the universe is what we are at present ready to see and measure. The rest of the 95% is unexplored and alluded to as Dark matter and Dark energy. In addition to other things, this supposition depends on the way that universes pivot as if there were fundamentally more issues than those which we can see.

68% of the Dark Matter comes from the ‘Dull Vitality’, which is viewed as what makes the universe continually quicken in its continuous extension. Analysts have proclaimed October 31st as the “Dark Matter Day”. A lot of events committed to Dark Matter are arranged everywhere throughout the world on this day. Doglioni expressed her views about the hidden matter of our universe in the following words:

“We know that dark matter exists. Normally it passes through our measurement instruments, but cannot be registered, but in the case of our research we hoped to see the products of particles connected to it.”

Despite all her efforts, she hasn’t been able to anticipate the time it will take them to take a leap forward in the look for the dull issue. She also mentioned that examination activities give turn-off impacts as they continue to progress. She acknowledged that they lack the knowledge about how to process this humungous amount of information and it is also not included in the exploration network. For this reason, they have prompted the dispatch of different joint efforts with industry to accomplish these tasks.

One Reply to “The Search for Dark Matter has been Now Redefined”

  1. Dark matter is a supersolid that fills ’empty’ space, strongly interacts with ordinary matter and is displaced by ordinary matter. What is referred to geometrically as curved spacetime physically exists in nature as the state of displacement of the supersolid dark matter. The state of displacement of the supersolid dark matter is gravity.

    The supersolid dark matter displaced by a galaxy pushes back, causing the stars in the outer arms of the galaxy to orbit the galactic center at the rate in which they do.

    Displaced supersolid dark matter is curved spacetime.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *